Saturday, December 1, 2012

Collapse

There has been a collapse of effervescent youth
Truthfully, it no longer exists here
This is the reality of my truth
And because of my choices i have collapsed upon a lower tier

Tragically I must live with this malignancy
That has collapsed my dusty heart
And the soundtrack of my life is played by a depressed sympathy
All I want to do is take this all and avert

How many individuals have collapsed between homelessness and intelligence
Mistakes that have marred an angel's name
And now I sit stoically like an edifice
Simply rife with blame and shame

Collapse, open my hands, insert my face, and begin to cry
I wish there had been an angel installed upon my shoulder
I pray one day I can accept myself with a relieving sigh
I pine for the day that my past is simply over

No comments:

Post a Comment