Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Ghost of My Past

It feels so good to once again script my thoughts
Today I saw a ghost from times past
You caused my stomach to systematically condense into knots
And I fluttered to the back of the building, so you could escape a glimpse of me; and I then couldn't hear your lambaste

But as much pity as you would place on me
I have already placed upon myself... ten fold
So collectively let's poke fun at me and just feel a sense we call free
Because in this life you choose right, and I went left, all the while you may laugh;but I will always hold the pennant of bold

Despite my ne'er do well behavior there are still some innate things...
No one can ever take away from me
I, not you, rose from the ashes on a phoenix's wings
And while most would have fled, I faced reality, all the while sipping on my eloquently prepared tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment