Monday, November 19, 2012

Burn

Everything I know I set fire to
The ashes of my mess have become remnants of my pain
The memory of you burns right through me; and I know you will use that to misconstrue
Thus, I tend to smoke away anything that appears sane

My anxiety exists below the skin
And all I want is to burn the anxiety away
Thus, to sear my skin would relinquish all of this pain away...much to your chagrin
Nevertheless, a pattern in my life exists: all I love eventually burns away, I hate to say

So collect the ashes of my ruined life
And where I believed our relationship was safe; I was wrong...it just burned
Therefore, I let my cigarette merely burn away, and I contemplate all of life's strife
All the while, my love for you continues to burn; and although your concerned....I don't think you'll ever return

No comments:

Post a Comment