Wednesday, November 21, 2012

My Facade

A facade; something I use to hide myself from you
I dangle my bangs in my eyes, thinking you will thus lack any recollection of me
But now older, and perhaps a tad wiser; I have become self aware enough to comprehend I am truly translucent...see through
You want me to expose my face, but understand it's a comfort thing...Thus, lets agree to disagree

Why do I pine for metaphoric shade?
Attention seeking behavior makes me regurgitate
Is it merely because I am just afraid?
Perhaps I can slowly adapt to the idea of exposure; and just percolate

I don't know of another soul who pines to be a wall flower
I ask you to look at me, but please don't speak
I feel as though I am 3 feet tall; you tower as I cower
Perhaps, one of the many underlying factors is, simply I fear your personal critique

No comments:

Post a Comment